It’s difficult to focus on drawing in these worrying times even for me, the days just float by. So I’ve decided I have to change with the times. If you are unable to go out for classes, I am prevented from inviting you into my studio and my travels around the world have been curtailed so we can meet in the Zoom classroom.
Initially I will be trialling these classes on a very small scale to see how it works out and once we have fully established a good, workable format I will be rolling out a full programme over the next few months.
Choose from regular fortnightly Studio Days or longer Focused Workshops covering a specific topic, technique or plant group or One-to-One Tuition.
Classes will be individually formatted and will include pre-emailed materials list, video clips if relevant, live zoom sessions at pre-determined times, feedback from me plus Q & A’s. You can also have access to my photograph library to use images if you are unable to access fresh plant material.
Regular Studio Days
I call these Zoom day workshops ‘Studio Days’ as they will take a similar format to my pre-Covid monthly one-day workshops at the studio. Students can work on their own choice of subject or continuing projects or they can choose subjects from my photo library.
- The days will start at 10.30 with a Zoom session to discuss people’s projects and for Ann to do any relevant demos.
- Students will then work through until lunch time on their own but with individual access to Ann as required.
- Students will then re-join the group for a Zoom lunch together with feedback on work so far from Ann.
- After lunch students will work on again with Ann available through her Zoom office link when needed.
- The class will reconvene on Zoom at 3pm for feedback and final comments
- Class will finish at 3.30.
- Class members will be given a Sync.com link through which they can upload their work for revue during and after the class.
Throughout the work time Ann will be available for individual help if required. Full details will be supplied after registering and payment.
Choose your date(s) and book now
A week in advance you will be sent:
- The course outline
- The Zoom code for joining the course plus timings
- The Sync.com link for submitting your finished work
- A full list of materials
- Any templates or plant information required
- A link to use my photo library to download relevant images
Days will start at 10.30 and finish at 3.30 with a short break for lunch. I will demonstrate all the techniques required and there will be time during the day to work on your own.
You will need to be able to scan or photograph your work in progress and email to me throughout the course via the Sync.com link.
After the course you will have up to a week to work on your finished drawing and then email that to me via the Sync.com link for final comments if you wish.
Choose your date(s) and book now
‘Getting to Grips with Graphite’
- master smooth tonal shading and depicting fine details with graphite pencils
- learn my techniques for continuous tonal shading and underpainting with colour as a base for graphite work
understand light and shadow and how they reveal and define form
- learn ways to improve your observation and ability to draw plants more accurately
Dead leaves, seedheads, berries and Christmas!
- Create subtle autumn hues and learn to use underpainting as a basis for either graphite or coloured pencil work.
- Fabulous techniques for those seasonal scrunchy dead leaves, bark and seedpods.
- Tackle vibrant reds to create shiny berries and maybe even think about a cheery Christmas image!
Class runs from 10:30 to 15:30 hrs GMT
This workshop will run from 1200 hrs BST – 1700 hrs BST
These are sessions of one hour which can be taken in one session or split into 2 half-hour sessions over a month.
Once booked and paid Ann will email you with available time slots for you to book directly with her.
When you have agreed a slot and start time Ann will email you the Zoom session code and password and it will be up to you to log in on time. You can decide then if you want to take the session in one go or split into smaller sessions.
To get the best value out of these sessions you will need to be able to photograph or scan your work and send to Ann in advance through a Sync.com link which Ann will email you with a week before your meeting. Further details on application.