‘Two-Day Focused Workshop’ – 15 & 17 February
To create realisitc plant portraits we need to fully understand light and how it interacts with our subjects to create shaping.
- Ann will show you how to interpret light and shade and work out accurate tonal values
- create, rich, deep, fully saturated colour mixes
- learn how to source realistic shade colours to give depth without dullness to your colour mixes
- techniques for creating brilliant highlights or soft sheen and convincing secondary or reflected highlights to create a three-domensional quality to your botanical artwork
- we will complete a series of exercises together to try out techniques and on day two start a small, simple project.
This workshop starts at 11.00 GMT and finishes at 15.00 GMT with a short 20 minute break each day. The day in between will give you a chance to try out techniques.